[Qgis-user] Ideas for an intro to QGIS for beginners (mostly wildlife ecologists and conservationists)

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 04:08:04 PST 2010

Maning,

The New "create custom db queries" plugin for Spatialite and Postgis
is very cool plugin to demonstrate.

Try to queries e.g. "Select * from birds-pop  <  5 ". The query will
display the polygons which satisfy the conditions in the TOC.

Do some cool stuff like distance buffering of stream and rivers for
conservation and replanting areas for native tree species using this
plugin. The beauty of the plugin is dynamic render the results in the
TOC - mapcanvas.

Noli