AW: Re: [Qgis-user] google wms

Düster Horst Horst.Duester at bd.so.ch
Mon Feb 8 00:00:15 PST 2010

>I am not sure if the Google maps licence would allow the embedding of
>Google maps data in Desktop GIS?

In my opinion it allowed to use the free Google Maps with QGIS without
public access.
http://code.google.com/intl/de-CH/apis/maps/terms.html#section_7_1

As an other option for you is to use OpenStreetMap. It is possible to
embed OSM in conjunction with GDAL 1.7.0 into QGIS. Try to use the
attached file as raster source with QGIS.

Regards
Horst

Dr. Horst Düster
Stv. Amtschef / GIS-Koordinator