[Qgis-user] QGIS User mailing list response time

badaveil badaveil at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 21:02:05 PST 2010

Unlike proprietary GIS, open source GIS is highly dependent on an
active group to provide advice that is quick and usable. This issue
must be addressed aggressively if open source GIS is to become more
popular than proprietary GIS.

Although recently, ever since I have been using the QGIS user mailing
list, I am greatly impressed my queries are replied overnight less
than 24 hours probably because we live in different time zones.

This means a lot to me because I am trying my best to promote QGIS
among my department as well as other govt. agencies. (Last month my
article promoting QGIS was approved for publication in the Survey
Dept's GIS bulletin and am currently awaiting approval of submission
for that article at the Ministry of Nat. Resources & Envt's Geospatial
bulletin)

Again, I take this opportunity to give my deepest appreciation to you
experts out there for helping me out.

Yours sincerely.

Abbas Abdul Wahab
Federal Dept.of Town and Country Planning
Peninsular Malaysia

--
http://badaveil.multiply.com