[Qgis-user] Disallow cetrain values/records from appearing on labels

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Tue Feb 9 07:52:36 PST 2010

On 09/02/2010 17:35, ahmed at elegantdesigns.ca wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> I was wondering if there is a way to prevent certain records from getting
> labels.
>
> For example, I have a field that displays the road number; however, some
> segments are identified as "none". Is were a way to not show the "none"
> value without editing the layer?

In version 1.4 there's an option in the Layer->Properties->General tab
to setup a query and display only a subset of the data. What I'd suggest
is add the layer twice: One instance for displaying only the layer
features, and the second for the labels only. Then build a query on
second such that the "none" is not displayed.
--
Micha
> cheers,
> dassouki