[Qgis-user] WFS-Plugin: several questions

Stephan Holl stephan.holl at intevation.de
Wed Feb 24 03:33:36 PST 2010

Hi Marco,

Marco Hugentobler <marco at hugis.net>, [20100224 - 10:36:35]

> Hi Stephan
>
> The WFS provider stores everything in virtual memory.
>
> > Are there any sort of indexing of the WFS-result-dataset?
>
> It uses a spatial index.

yes, thanks for clearing that.

> > Is there an option that only the features inside the BBOX of the
> > mapwindow are available? Ideally when panning the resultset will be
> > filled up so that already retrieved features do not fall out of the
> > attribute table anymore (OK, a little like AJAX-requests...)
>
> At the moment there is no such option.
> Something that would be straightforward to add is the option to use
> the current map extent as BBOX

yes, this would be first shot.

Can you give a rough estimation about the work to be needed to do that?

> (but this won't fill up the layer).

Hmm, seems even more difficult to solve this, but perhaps your dynamic
BBOX-adoption seems a good startingpoint.

Cheers

	Stephan

--
Stephan Holl <stephan.holl at intevation.de> | Tel.: +49 (0)541-33 508 3663
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 OS  |  AG Osnabrück - HR B 18998