[Qgis-user] quantumnik - mapnik on OS X

Dane Springmeyer blake at hailmail.net
Wed Feb 24 21:31:38 PST 2010

On Feb 24, 2010, at 9:16 PM, Mike Swope wrote:

> I seem to have got it working.

Ah great.

> I'm on snow leopard, and it's python 2.6.2

Okay, I guessed wrong!

> In the mapnik installer readme, it says install one or both of the
> python packages after installing the frameworks. Are the packages
> supposed to be 2.5 and 2.6? Well both are 2.6, one for Library and
> the other system.

They are designed to be one for the system python and one for the
latest major release from python.org.

So on Snow leopard that is two versions of 2.6.x, but I also plan to
potentially offer more for Snow leopard, maybe python.org 2.7/3.1
versions in the future.

> I just reinstalled the frameworks, then just the system package, and
> after that the plugin installed without error.

Great, I think the problem is a known bug with just the snow leopard
installers where only one of the python 26 versions can be installed
at once, and QGIS probably was having trouble finding the "Library" or
python.org one due to the lack of the python.org installer setting up
the PYTHONPATH variables correctly...

> I'll have to take a look at this when I get some time, perhaps friday.

Cheers,

Dane