[Qgis-user] Re: newbie question creating a custom linetype for vector polylines

Borys Jurgiel borysiasty at aster.pl
Sun Feb 28 11:20:26 PST 2010

Dnia niedziela, 28 lutego 2010 o 17:28:32 mtnbiketrail at zzz.com napisaƂ(a):
> I want to make a custom linetype that I can use in shapefile polylines.
> Currently in the QGIS menu, there are a few available, such as dashed,
> dots, etc. But I want to have one that is parallel dashes, the same as
> an unimproved road in topo maps.

In QGIS 1.4 there is the new style symbology what allows you to compose any
style you want (including multilayer lines, custom dash patterns and symbol
level control).

In older versions you have to load the layer twice and apply a thick dashed
line to the bottom layer and a bit thinner solid "mask" to the top one.