[Qgis-user] CAD funtions plugin

Piotr Pachół piotr.pachol at wodgik.katowice.pl
Tue Jan 5 07:09:53 PST 2010

Hello Stefan,
I am very happy that you add some  CAD  functions do Qgis.
They are really useful, but still I feel lack of another CAD funtions in
Qgis.
What I really need is:

1. Adding new objects entering coordinates (in point, line or polygon
layer) just from keybord.
2. Polar measuremets: we have station point, reference point and we
enter distance and angle to get coordinates of calculated point.
3. Rectangular measurements (sometimes still useful): we have station
point, reference point and we enter 2 distances (abscissa, ordinate) to
get coordinates of calculated point.
4. Intersection from 2 points when you know two angles to set point (in
your plugin there is arc intersection when you know 2 distances to set
point).
5. Reverse intersection from 3 points (based on distances or angles).
First 3 points a really important.
What do you think about it ?

As to functionality of your plugin now each new created intersection
(orthogonal) point or line is on new layer. It is bothering when I want
to further use a group of new created objects.

So I would suggest:
1. Add some setting options, where user may point out (enter name of)
only 2 layers (point layer and line layer) where objects are written
(with intersection or orthogonal  line and point).
2. Or second solution: to make editable in the same time 2 layers  (with
points and lines) and to add new objects (intersection or orthogonal
lines and points) at these editable layers.

Regards,
Piotr