[Qgis-user] File -> Project Properties... -> General -> Save absolute paths=No

Greg Coats gregcoats at mac.com
Tue Jan 5 09:42:22 PST 2010

This is very confusing. The link you provided says: "resolution deleted".
Does that mean Qgis version 1.3.0 does not support relative paths, and version 1.4.0 will not support relative paths?
A 4 Sep 2009 email to Qgis-user from Jurgen Fischer says he fixed the relative path bug in Qgis.
A 6 Sep 2009 email to Qgis-user from Giovanni Manghi says "I just tested the latest source code available and relative paths now works fine, without any bugs."

The need for Qgis to support relative paths was identified in
http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/1211
filed a year ago, with "resolution set to fixed" for Qgis version 1.0.3, and yet it does not work in Qgis 1.3.0.

After saving a Qgis 1.3.0 project with relative paths, then when Qgis starts up the next time it reports to me that it can find any of the layers. What I do not understand is that this issue has been reported as fixed, and working several times, but it does not yet work. Has anyone tested relative paths in Qgis 1.4.0? Is a final fix guaranteed to be included Qgis version 1.4.0?
Greg