[Qgis-user] GDAL and .nc (netCDF) and qgis

M.E.Dodd M.E.Dodd at open.ac.uk
Thu Jan 7 08:20:22 PST 2010

Is it possible to open .nc files and manipulate them in qgis? If so, how?

It seems GDAL can deal with this format and qgis uses GDAL but I don't really understand how it all interacts.

I would like to open some large gridded met data files, produce means of the values for each grid square (data for each square are given each year for a number of years and I want a mean of all the years) and write the data out again showing just the means per grid square.