[Qgis-user] QGIS 1.4 - Printing with new symbology

Gary Jones gary.jones at oxfordarch.co.uk
Tue Jan 12 06:55:21 PST 2010

Hi all.

I have just downloaded 1.4 and I am liking all the advances (multiple layouts are very welcome indeed).

However I am having issues with the new symbology. Whilst it all works fine in the map and the composer, whenever I print (or pdf) using it the symbols or hatching get incorrectly scaled and end up all large and pixelated. They still look fine on the screen. If I switch to the old symbology then this doesn't happen.

I know there have been some scaling issues with printing in the past, yet I was wondering if I am missing an option somewhere; otherwise all this new symbology will go to waste.

Thanks

Gary

------