[Qgis-user] Qgis slow start up

Craig Leat craig.leat at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 04:17:32 PST 2010

William Kyngesburye wrote:
> Thanks.  Aaannnnddd, it looks like it fixed the speed problem opening
> Greg's sample project!

With qgis r12348 and gdal 1.6.1 Greg's project took 4.5 mins to open
on my ubuntu 9.04 machine. I upgraded qgis to r12821 and gdal to 1.7
and now the project opens in a couple seconds. Very cool, but I'm not
sure if the problem was with qgis or gdal. I have no problems zooming
in, but I'm using the ecw sdk. My large projects using vrt and MrSid
files are also opening MUCH faster now, so it seems to me the problem
was not specific to the jpeg-2000 driver(s).

Regards,

Craig.