[Qgis-user] OSGeo4W Qgis start up procedure entry point not found error message

Falk Grossmann fgrossmann at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 04:17:26 PST 2010

Up to this point I have had no problems using qgis - installed through the
OSGeo4W on XP pro. After having downloaded the recent stable qgis version
through the OSGeo4W installer I have not been able to start the program.
After an initial DOS interface I get a error message "qgis.exe - Entry Point
Not Found" and "The procedure entry point ?driver at QSqlDatabase
@@SA?AVQStringList@@XZ could not be located in the dynamic link library
QtSql4.dll".

I have uninstalled all the folders and treid to reinstall the same and older
version without success. I have googled this problem but have not found any
solution.

Any suggestions/links on this issue would be very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Falk