[Qgis-user] Re: Interpolation plugin

Marco Hugentobler marco at hugis.net
Tue Jan 26 03:52:57 PST 2010

Hi Viktor

> 1) Is there a possibility in QGIS to use *polyline *layer as a source of
> interpolation (TIN creation)? If no, is it possible to add this
> functionality in the future?

Yes. Additionally, you may set in the 'type' combo if the plugin should just
consider the vertices or treat the lines as structure lines / break lines

> 2) Is there a possibility in QGIS to *limit* interpolation borders by
> another polygonal non-heights layer (such as Arc/Info 'soft clip')?

At the moment not

> 3) What is a dimension of cell coordinates? Are they use the same units as
> projected point layer units?

They are the same as the (unprojected) layer units. The interpolation plugin
just considers the layer and not the projection of the canvas map.

> 4) Which format QGIS saves TIN in?

ASCII grid (text format). I know this is not optimal for large datasets.
Patches are welcome to extend the hardcoded grid file writing
(qgsgridfilewriter) with a solution that uses available GDAL drivers for grid
file writing.

Regards,
Marco

--