[Qgis-user] ERMapper files

Pierre Chevalier Géologue pierrechevaliergeol at free.fr
Tue Jan 26 07:29:14 PST 2010

What about opening .ecw files on qgis on a Linux platform? Some time
ago, I managed to do it, after compiling quite a few things, gdal with
some options, all this due to licences issues, if I remember well.

Apparently, .ecw files can still not be opened by my qgis (r12681): does
anyone know if there are any plans to try to overcome these issues, in
the future?

A+
Pierre

PS: sorry, I didn't pay attention, and I replied out of the list to Micha.

Micha Silver claviota:
> On 25/01/2010 09:34, Brett Adams wrote:
>> Thanks Brent.
>>
>> I got the ers files in but not the ecw. I have some dll's that
>> suggest I should be able to bring in an ecw but so far its not working.
>>
> Have you installed the ECW SDK from ERDAS, and put the required ECW
> DLL's in place? I don't recall you mentioning that step in earlier posts.
> Here's more detailed instructions:
> http://www.qgis.org/wiki/OSGeo4wSetup#Installing_support_for_raster__.2A.ECW_.28ERMapper.29_and_.2A.sid_.28MrSid.29_formats
>
>> I'll keep working at it.
>>
>> Brett
>>

>> On 25/01/2010 11:00 AM, Brent Fraser wrote:
>>> Brett,
>>>
>>>    Do Layer ->  Add Raster Layer, then select "All Other Files" in
>>> the open
>>> file dialog, then select your .ers file.
>>>
>>> Brent Fraser

Pierre Chevalier Géologue EI
    Mesté Duran
    32100 Condom
  Tél+fax  :    09 75 27 45 62
                05 62 28 06 83
		06 37 80 33 64
  Émail  :   pierrechevaliergeolCHEZfree.fr
  icq#   :   10432285
  skype  :   pierre.chevalier1967
  http://pierremariechevalier.free.fr/pierre_chevalier_geologue