[Qgis-user] please test: was 'mapserver export plugin bug'

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Jul 2 04:47:32 PDT 2010

Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> Paolo Cavallini wrote:
>> Il 28/06/2010 23:44, Richard Duivenvoorde ha scritto:
>>> I can confirm the bug. It is not a typical postgis layer bug. It's the
>>> fact that the layers have the same (display)name in qgis, which are then
>>> used to store and retrieve them from a dictionary.
>>>
>>> Besides this being a bug, it's also wrong because WMS-layers should have
>>> unique names anyway.
>>
>> I also found a few other minor problems:
>> - for lines, it takes the color from the fill, not from the outline,
>> so the results
>> are different from what expected
>> - if one wants to show only the outline of a polygon, the COLOR for
>> interior
>> shouldn't be written to the mapfile
>> - for the buffer around labels, after BUFFER 1 one should add
>> OUTLINECOLOR 255 255
>> 255 (or another colour as appropriate).
>> All the best, and many thanks.
>
> Hi Paolo,
>
> thanks for the observations.
>
> I filed a (combined) issue for it:
> http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/2848

List,

I fixed some issues with the mapserver plugin like the ones mentioned
above.

I'm not sure though if I dare to check it in for this next release
without some more testing.

Is anybody available to do some more testing? Please use attached
ms_export.py instead of the ms_export.py from you apps directory and
test it:
[yourqgis install dir]/share/qgis/python/plugins/mapserver_export

The qgis-view and mapserver-view should be more like each other now, in
alle different classifications.

The map file syntax should be better now (for STYLE and CLASS parts).

There are still some discrepancies though. Like I could not a mapserver
version of the label-buffer function etc.

Also note that the plugin only works with the 'old symbology' (should I
alert the user when trying to do a layer with 'symbology NG'?)

I also attached this ms_export.py to the ticket:
http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/2848
in case the attachement get's detached.

Regards,

Richard