[Qgis-user] Some extra North Arrows :-)

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Fri Jul 23 21:17:10 PDT 2010

Hi Nikos

The arrows have been added in revision 13955. Many thanks for your
contribution. On this topic if there are others out there in QGIS-User
land that are artistic and interested in contributing graphics, icons
etc. such additions are always welcome!

Regards

Tim

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 1:54 AM, Nikos Alexandris
<nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de> wrote:
> On Friday 23 of July 2010 23:28:51 Tim Sutton wrote:
>> Hi Nikos
>>
>> Thanks for the north arrows. I will add them no problem - please just
>> confirm that these are your intellectual property and that you are
>> happy for them to be made available under the GPL license.
>
> * Arrows and circles created from scratch (since for some reason I did not
> like already QGIS-existing arrows which I initially tried to use as a
> reference).
>
> * Colors empirically chosen. Although I do have/read very nice books about
> colors (e.g. [1]) and... well, observe Nature :-)
>
> * All done using Inkscape.
>
> + and I am Very happy to see them in QGIS.
>
> - There might be a problem if empirically using combinations of colors is
> patented (see also [2]) in some way and I have to cite some source or pay for
> it :-p
>
> Thank you very much Tim, Nikos
>
> ---
> [1] Welsch, Norbert and Liebmann, Claus Chr., Farben. Natur, Technik, Kunst,
> 2. Auflage - Sonderausgabe, Elsevier, Spektrum, Akademischer Verlag, 2006.
>
> [2] I like so much Hawking's words so I am repeat them whenever I can:
> --%<---
> "We think we have solved the mystery of creation. Maybe we should patent the
> universe and charge everyone royalties for their existence."
>
> Hawking, Stephen. 2008. "Stephen Hawking asks big questions about the
> universe." On-line video at TED Talks Web site.
> http://www.ted.com/talks/stephen_hawking_asks_big_questions_about_the_universe.html
> (accessed on June 7, 2010).
> --%<---

 * QGIS programming services