[Qgis-user] Merging 3 different Shapefiles

Duarte Carreira DCarreira at edia.pt
Wed Jun 2 09:43:38 PDT 2010

Pedro,

If you have GRASS you can use v.patch to append data to an existing layer.
The drawback is that you have to convert everything to Grass first, append 1 by 1, and then export it back out of grass.
If you are on linux there are commands you can use to batch append shapefiles...

I wish I knew a way to automate this kind of thing, without being a bash shell guru...

Duarte

Pedro Roma pedroroma1982 at gmail.com
Thu May 6 08:05:08 EDT 2010
Subject: [Qgis-user] Merging 3 different Shapefiles

Greetings

I need to merge 3 shapefiles, from different training areas, into only one.
How can I do this in QGIS?

Thanks
Pedro