[Qgis-user] Segmentation fault...

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 08:46:59 PST 2010

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 5:23 PM, Luigi Castro Cardeles
<luigi.cardeles at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi list,
> maybe there are other problem (relate to pyqgis):
>
> Não foi possível carregar PyQGIS.
> Suporte à Python vai ser desabilitado.
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "", line 1, in
> RuntimeError: the sip module implements API v7.0 but the qgis.core module
> requires API v6.0

This looks like you've updated sip package in your system, however
qgis python module still awaits older version.
- if you run self-compiled qgis, just recompile it and install again.
It should adapt to newer sip version
- if you run qgis from a distribution package, request an updated
package from the packager
- you could downgrade sip package and all packages that depend on it
(PyQt, PyKDE) but I wouldn't recommend that as it might break your
system

Martin