[Qgis-user] Custom Symbology and Inkscape

Roland Hill Roland.Hill at FourWindsTechnology.com.au
Mon Mar 1 16:18:51 PST 2010

List,
I think this is a QT issue rather than QGIS, but I thought I would share
it to save others the hours it takes to figure it out (especially if you
are trying new-symbology for the first time).

There appears to be a problem using svg symbols created with Inkscape
0.47, whereas the same symbols created with Inkscape 0.46 work just
fine. This is only for objects that have been converted to paths. The
0.47 symbols fail to render in QGIS, but also fail to render in the
Dolphin preview pane (whereas 0.46 symbols do render in both).

If anyone else can confirm this, or knows of a solution, it would be
much appreciated. I am using Kubuntu 9.10 and QGIS trunk.

Regards,

Roland