[Qgis-user] legend for rasters

alessandro.sarretta at inwind.it alessandro.sarretta at inwind.it
Sun Mar 21 18:12:05 PDT 2010

Hi all,
as most of you know, during these days the QGIS hackfest is running, with a
lot of interesting improvements.
It seems that one of the main (in my opinion) enhancements needed still will
remain, and this is the lack of a legend for raster layers both in the Map
Legend and in the Map Composer.
Without it I can't create in QGIS any useful map containing raster layers
because I can't describe the meaning of the colours in the map. For vector
layer QGIS has a good ability to manage meaningful legends, for rasters not...
I'm not a programmer but I'd like to help the development of QGIS. So I'd like
to ask to developers if someone can take charge of the development of this
functionality, and to QGIS users if someone of you are interested to have it in
the next release. If the answer is yes for both the questions, I want to start
putting, instead of my 2 cents, my minimum 50€, maximum 100€. Some preliminary
investigations suggest (am I wrong?) that something around 1000€ could be
enough to reach the goal. Does anybody else want to join me in this small/big
effort?
Is there a good way to promote and make efficient these type of "rewards"?
Thank you!
Ale