[Qgis-user] 3D View

Pratik Mehta pratik_s_mehta at yahoo.co.in
Wed Mar 24 22:49:06 PDT 2010

Hello All,
I am working on summer project. And i came to know about QGIS before 3 months, My project is to convert raster or vector format in 3D view. And i need to develop a plugin to do so. I have created plugin which displays shapefile in QGIS (It was just a sample). I have created 2,3 sample plugins with PyQt.

In my company 1 scientist suggested me to use GRASS for 3d. In GRASS there are simple options like 2D, 3D and digitizer. Grass plugin is given in QGIS but i am having difficulty to use it. I am using QGIS 1.0.2 "Core" and GRASS 6.5 SVN. I am working on windows. Even i am about to download latest version of QGIS. Because 1.0.2 is very old, May be thtas why i am facing some difficulty in GRASS. In GRASS for vector it says G_getenv(): Variable GISBase not set, and in raster it says not recognized format. And same data i use in GRASS GIS very easily. I have lesst time left. I have to submit my project by 15th April. Can anyone help me what can i use for converting into 3D?

Thank you.
Pratik