[Qgis-user] Cartography Sprint - Public Domain Symbology

David Fawcett david.fawcett at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 07:27:32 PST 2010

Alex,

A few years ago, I was looking for an open licensed set of wind barbs
to use in a workshop.  I have not been able to find a data set like
this that has a clean open license.  Maybe one exists, but I couldn't
find one.

I know that there is a reasonably small, but strong core of people
working with meteorological data in OpenSource Geospatial apps.  This
isn't a priority for me, I don't really work with this data at all,
but I believe that there is a potential need out there if you are
looking for symbol sets to create.

David.