[Qgis-user] Symbology problem for WFS layers

pcreso at pcreso.com pcreso at pcreso.com
Sun Nov 21 19:08:17 PST 2010

Hi,

It seems, with the WFS plugin, that QGIS sets all attribute types to string, and therefore users cannot scale symbology on an attribute with a WFS layer.

I have a Postgis table I'm exporting via WFS (UMN mapserver) with an SQL which calculates a scale to size each record by, which is output as an integer field, but QGIS treats this column as a string.

Is there any planned fix for this?

If not, I know "sponsorship" is not applied to user priorities, but if there is a developer interested in addressing this issue, I have access to limited funding.

One possible solution, for my needs anyway, would be to have a hard coded column name be treated as an integer for symbology purposes by the WFS plugin?, eg: "scale" or "integer"

Thanks,

   Brent Wood