[Qgis-user] overview in the composer

Brad Nesom gisbradokla at live.com
Mon Nov 22 14:14:57 PST 2010

Actually in ESRI you can have (ver10) data driven pages, (9.3x) DSmap book,
(AutoDesk Map) map books and sheet sets. Each allows to build a book indexed
from a grid  or alignment with specified data and elements at specified
scales within the cells (selected, or all). All three software can also
handle as mentioned multiple "data" frames containing the same, a subset or
even differing (scale) data. This can be used for overview maps, insets, or
map books.