[Qgis-user] OGR Encoding

Johannes Brötz uni at foe05.de
Thu Nov 25 10:31:29 PST 2010

Am Donnerstag, den 25.11.2010, 11:16 -0300 schrieb Ricardo Bayley:

> Hi folks,
>

> I am trying to export my tables from postgis. I am trying to use
> OGR2OGR
>

> How can I set the encoding ? I have tried setting the options in the
> connection string, but no luck
>

> PG:dbname='myDbname' host='localhost' port='5432' user='usrname'
> password='pass' options='--client_encoding=LATIN1'
>

> Regards
>

> Ricardo

Hi Ricardo

i just had the same prob yesterday but only the other way around (wanted
to load stuff to a PG DB). i found that the right syntax should be
something like:

        ogr2ogr --config PGCLIENTENCODING WIN1252 -f "PostgreSQL"
        PG:"host=somehost user=someuser dbname=someDB password=somepass
        port=someport" path2someDB -a_srs EPSG:9999

so maybe you should shuffle around a bit the options? hope that helps!
Cheers Johannes