[Qgis-user] Standalone qgis on macos (snow leopard)

Ramon Andinach custard at westnet.com.au
Thu Oct 7 19:48:38 PDT 2010

Hello,

I'm trying out qgis on my Mac, and having taken the suggestion that new users should try the standalone installer I now have a couple of questions.

I've used Qgis 1.5.0-3 (standalone) for Snow Leopard and am running macos 10.6.4

1. Both the instructions on http://www.kyngchaos.com/software/qgis and in the readme indicate that I need to select GDAlTools settings from the Raster menu. I'm having problems finding the Raster Menu. Could some one point me in the right direction?

2. I'd also like to be able to use ECW images. Is this possible? If so, what else do I need to do?

thanks,
ramon.