[Qgis-user] Polygon colours in existing shape files

David Fawcett david.fawcett at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 06:44:29 PDT 2010

There is potential for automatically styling data from MapInfo data
sets, I don't know how feasible it is or whether there is a large
enough MapInfo contingent that would be interested in funding the
effort if it is possible.

In a MapServer application,  one can specify that MapServer should use
the symbology/styling info stored in the .TAB file.  This
functionality depends on the GDAL/OGR driver, so I don't know how much
of this support is in OGR code and how much is the MapServer code.
http://mapserver.org/input/vector/mapinfo.html

Also, assuming license compatibility:  http://mapserver.org/copyright.html

David.