[Qgis-user] Interpolation Plugin

ALT SHN i.geografica at alt-shn.org
Sat Oct 9 10:48:23 PDT 2010

Hello List,

I have a question about the QGIS Interpolartion Plugin.

I have a line vector representing altitude by means of isolines of 10m,
covering an area of about 400 square km. I have read scientif paper that
advices the use of IDW with power 1-3 for hilly topography (thats my case).

Now my question is: what does it mean the options "structured lines" and
"break lines"? How can they affect the accuracy of my DEM? And by the way,
what does the "Distance coefficient" implies?

Thanks in advance

André

Associação Leonel Trindade
SOCIEDADE DE HISTÓRIA NATURAL

Apartado 25 2564-909 Torres Vedras Portugal
Sede e Biblioteca: rua Cavaleiros da Espora Dourada, 27A 2560 Torres Vedras

Laboratório de Paleontologia e Paleoecologia: Polígono Industrial do Alto do
Ameal 2565-641 Ramalhal
http://alt-shn.blogspot.com
www.alt-shn.org