[Qgis-user] Interpolation Plugin

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Sun Oct 10 01:36:12 PDT 2010

Hi André

> Now my question is: what does it mean the options "structured lines" and
> "break lines"?

These options have no influence for IDW interpolation, only for TIN
interpolation.

-structure lines: triangle edges are constrained to line / polygon features
(e.g. to prevent triangle edges crossing valleys, ridges or contours)

-breaklines: like structure lines. But for cubic triangle interpolation (
clough-tocher), the break line is a edge (so not continuously differentiable)
(details in
http://www.geo.uzh.ch/fileadmin/files/content/abteilungen/gis/research/phd_theses/thesis_MarcoHugentobler_2004.pdf,
chapter 5)

>And by the way,
> what does the "Distance coefficient" implies?

It's the same parameter as the 'power' (IDW only has one parameter).

Regards,
Marco

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Sourcepole - Linux & Open Source Solutions