[Qgis-user] polygon direction/orientation

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 09:13:42 PDT 2010

Perhaps you could elaborate a bit more here? How do you define the azimuth
of a complex shape? Say I have a rectangle like this [], what is the
azimuth?
An example might help?

Carson

On 13 October 2010 17:08, simogeo <simon.georget at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to know if there is a plugin to calculate a polygon orientation.
> Basically, if I have a basic rectangle (or even better a complex shape), I
> want to know his azimuth
>
> I ve seen the "azimuth and distance" plugin ... but i don't really
> understand how it works and I'm even not sure it does that job. Any idea ?
>
> Many thanks,
> simo
> --

Carson J. Q. Farmer
ISSP Doctoral Fellow
National Centre for Geocomputation
National University of Ireland, Maynooth,
http://www.carsonfarmer.com/