[Qgis-user] Re: polygon direction/orientation

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 10:09:20 PDT 2010

Well I'm still not exactly sure it is you want, but I'm fairly sure there
isn't a plugin to do this sort of thing. You could certainly do this from
the Python console, or the other option would be to convert your polygons to
lines, then use the azimuth tool on those lines?

Carson

On 13 October 2010 17:29, simogeo <simon.georget at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Carson,
>
> I call it azimuth but don't give too much importance to the terminology. I
> just want to know the angle from North And South axis.
>
> http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n5631658/azi.jpg
>

> Keep it simple with a rectangle for now (forget complex shape)
>

> --

Carson J. Q. Farmer
ISSP Doctoral Fellow
National Centre for Geocomputation
National University of Ireland, Maynooth,
http://www.carsonfarmer.com/