[Qgis-user] CSWclient is available

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 12:11:31 PDT 2010

Seems that this is not CSWClient problem, I can't open this
URL with any browser or WMS client. AFAIK this issue affect
many servers: often URL's for download or to the WMS
are not valid, broken or pointed to the web-page instead
of downloadable data.

Working WMS can be found at Geospatial One Stop server:
search by keyword "wms" and with global bounding box.
In search results should be record with name "MassGIS WMS"
This is a correct and working WMS and you can add it to list.

2010/10/20 Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>:
> More testing:
> Searched "bird" around the globe from ESRI Geoportal I find e.g.
> http://mbirdims.fws.gov/nbii/
> If I click on "Add WMS" I get:
> Error:
> <urlopen error [Errno 110] Timeout della connessione>
> Same for other WMSs. Anyone has found one that works?
> All the best.
> --
> Paolo Cavallini: http://www.faunalia.it/pc

Alexander Bruy