AW: Re: Fwd: [Qgis-user] QGIS "Near"

Giuseppe Sucameli sucameli at faunalia.it
Mon Oct 25 05:09:32 PDT 2010

Hi all,

two days ago I wrote a similar plugin for a LD talk in Pisa.
I was unaware of the QgsSpatialIndex class (seems there's no documentation
about it in the online QGis API pages or maybe I missed it) so I wrote a
simple
loop to find the closest feature.

Now I tried also the Nearest plugin and they are different behavior!
See the scheenshots [1] [2].

AFAICS, Nearest select a wrong polygon.
I see the plugin's code and I think it could a QgsSpatialIndex bug, but it
could be
also the normal behaviour (I didn't found its documentation on the API pages

so I don't know).

I'm going to add my plugin (ClosestFeatureFinded) to the Faunalia repo so
you
can try it and check the different behavior.

I hope this can help to find the bug (if any).
If you confirm it, I'll fill a bug report.

Cheers.

[1] http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/3232/nearest.jpg
[2] http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/2066/closest.jpg

Giuseppe Sucameli