[Qgis-user] Styles Colection

Anders Söderman Anders.Soderman at gisassistans.se
Mon Oct 25 06:12:30 PDT 2010

Pablo wrote 25 oktober 2010 14:06:

Hi,

Is there a site to exchange qgis vector styles?

I want some road styles for my work.

And also I have some styles (based on the new symbology) that I want to make
avaliable to the community.

Thanks.
Pablo Torres Carreira

Hi Pablo                             Stockholm 25th Oct 2010

I suggested something like a “Style-Site” before the summer. Afterwards I
made my own using mySQL and PHP.

Perhaps this is something QGIS could have together on a wiki page?

http://www.gisassistans.se/php2SLD_table_Test_1_ans100710_1525.php

This example is in Swedish but I think you still get the idea.

Click on the symbol and you get a 400x400px enlargement.

Click on QML or SLD and if you are in IE8 you get the XML code. In Firefox I
have to open the file separately.

Is this perhaps o good idé? Being able to see examples makes it 10 times
faster to learn how to make styles in the beginning!! Regards Anders

  _____