[Qgis-user] Add Delimited Text Layer with Mac EOL

Aman Verma aman.verma at mcgill.ca
Fri Oct 29 11:28:51 PDT 2010

Hi everybody,

I'm new to this list, so please forgive me if this isn't the right place to post this.

I have successfully used the "Add Delimited Text Layer" in QGIS 1.0.2 and QGIS 1.5. However, the plugin does not appear to recognize Mac end-of-line characters, (\r). It does appear to work with UNIX or Windows style line endings.

For an example, this file, encoded with Mac end-of-line characters, cannot be imported.

http://aman.koumbit.org/CAMI_location.csv

If the end-of-line characters are converted to UNIX or Windows, then everything works.

Perhaps some would disagree, but I think that adding support for Mac end-of-line characters would be a simple and welcome addition to this excellent plugin.

To go even further, it would be nice to be able to input the character(s) to be interpreted as the EOL character(s).

aman