[Qgis-user] gdalbuildvrt crashes with large number of images (Was: How do you deal with lots of raster data?)

Alister Hood alister.hood at synergine.com
Wed Sep 1 18:13:27 PDT 2010

Thanks,
I probably should have figured out that vrt is what I was after.
Now I have a problem:
I can create a vrt with only a small number of images using QGIS from the standalone 1.5.0 Windows installer (QGIS from the osgeo installer refuses to accept .ecw images).  But if I try to create one with all the files I get this crash fairly quickly:

gdalbuildvrt.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x7c9369da" referenced memory at "0x0000000". The memory could not be "read".

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?