[Qgis-user] Composer Scale

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sat Sep 4 14:48:21 PDT 2010

Hi,

Not sure if you got help/reply already.

Often, you should first check if the map units AND the projection is
correctly set. In most cases, this fixes any scale issues. QGIS cannot
know which projection your project is in, if you do not tell it.

If, after explicitly setting units and projection, the map scale still
displays wrong values it is probably a bug. You should then submit a bug
report with some simple sample data, a sample project and short
description of the problem.

Hope this helps,
Andreas

On Fri, September 3, 2010 5:43 am, Brett Adams wrote:
>   Hi Folks,
> How does the map scale in composer work? The scale suggested doesn't
> appear related to what my map is showing.
>
> I want to generate a map at 1:25,000
>
> --
> Brett Adams
> Spinifex Geophysics