[Qgis-user] QGIS & windows xp 64 bit

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 09:03:17 PDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-09-11 at 17:49 +1000, Colin Broughton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> QGIS 1.5 installs and works perfectly for me on Windows 7 64bit.
> Hopefully this information is useful.

Hi,

yes under both Seven 32 and 64 bit I don't have problems either. The
message

the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150000)

shows under some XP 32 (and one XP 64 bit) installations and that is
weird because in some other xp 32 bit computers I don't have any problem
at all.

For this reason I cannot test properly qgis 1.5 under XP 64 bit, that is
the reason that made me start this thread.

If someone can confirm to me that it works fine as it works under Seven
64 bit I would appreciate.

thanks

cheers

-- Giovanni --