[Qgis-user] gdal_merge - GDAL Tools plugin Qgis error message

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Sep 14 08:13:21 PDT 2010

On Sep 14, 2010, at 9:55 AM, sergio sevillano wrote:

> El 14/09/2010, a las 14:52, William Kyngesburye escribió:
>
>> Are you using the standalone Qgis?
>>

> i have installed frameworks and qgis manually from
> http://www.kyngchaos.com/software/qgis
> but not sure if its standalone or not
> is there a way i can check?

Only by size (Get Info): standalone is about 290+MB installed, standard is about 214MB.

>> What other GDAL tools have you used that work, besides gdal_contour?  gdal_merge itself is a python program, while gdal_contour is a binary.  It seems that an external python script is having problems finding python
>>

> other .py won´t work either

I get this also.  I'm using the standard Qgis.

My guess is that external python scripts aren't getting a shell environment so they can't find python, even though Qgis extensions run thru python.  Those GDAL python scripts all have the standard shebang:

#!/usr/bin/env python

Someone with a better understanding of this needs to comment so I can try to figure out why the Mac build is not working (while from lack of reported problems it seems other systems work).

>> On Sep 14, 2010, at 5:59 AM, sergio sevillano wrote:
>>
>>> hi
>>>
>>> i get an
>>>
>>> "env: python: No such file or directory"
>>>
>>> error when i try to use GDAL Tools plugin to merge some .hgt images
>>> seems to me as a path thing
>>> but other gdal plugins work fine
>>> as gdal_contours
>>>
>>> any hint or place to look further?
>>> thanks
>>>

>>> sergio

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"History is an illusion caused by the passage of time, and time is an illusion caused by the passage of history."

- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy