[Qgis-user] Using the qplanet plugin on Windows? - pysqlite2, scipy

Alister Hood alister.hood at synergine.com
Thu Sep 16 22:57:23 PDT 2010

Hi everyone.
I thought I'd try the qplanet plugin, but it wouldn't load, producing
this error:

File "C:\Documents and
Settings\alister.hood/.qgis/python/plugins\Qplanet\modelite.py", line 4,
in
    from pysqlite2 import dbapi2 as sqlite3
  File "C:/OSGeo4W/apps/qgis-dev/./python\qgis\utils.py", line 279, in
_import
    mod = _builtin_import(name, globals, locals, fromlist, level)
ImportError: No module named pysqlite2

I have no idea whether this would work, but I tried editing modelite.py
to replace the offending line with `import sqlite3`, and it now produces
this error:

File "C:/Documents and
Settings/alister.hood/.qgis/python/plugins\Qplanet\Shp2Shp.py", line 14,
in
    from scipy import io, linalg
  File "C:/OSGeo4W/apps/qgis-dev/./python\qgis\utils.py", line 279, in
_import
ImportError: No module named scipy

I can't spot scipy in the osgeo installer.  Is there any way on Windows
to install extra python modules that aren't in the osgeo installer?  The
installer from scipy's website fails, complaining that there is no
Python in the registry, which is what the installers for most python
modules seem to do.

I presume there aren't people already using qplanet on Windows...?

Thanks,
Alister