[Qgis-user] GDALdem, when?

sergio sevillano sergiosevillano.mail at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 12:27:47 PDT 2010

El 30/09/2010, a las 17:44, Paolo Cavallini escribió:

> Il 30/09/2010 10:04, sergio sevillano ha scritto:
>> GDALdem is included in GDAL 1.7 framework  (OSX)
>> how can it be used within Qgis?
>> has GDALTools plans to implement it?
>> is it already there, and i´ve missed it?
>
> Hi Sergio.
> We have no ad hoc funds for the development of GDALTools, so we implement new
> features when the opportunity arises, and when a customer asks for this. You're
> welcome to sponsor further developments; several developers are available for this,
> if you do not have your own.
> Thanks for your interest.
> All the best.
> --

just asking for info on the subject.

your plugin is super
thanks for sharing your work
i would happily contribute with your efforts in a monetary way
if i can sell a project that needs those features,
but im just a gis hobbyist for now
with a little time to spare for testing for example...

in the meantime i have found "DEM relief shader"
which does the trick for me
it just covers the hillshading feature
but leaves out (slope, aspect, [1] ...)
which may be in the interest of gis pro users

i hope some funder wants to push this
and he/you agree to share it with the community

cheers,
sergio

[1] http://www.gdal.org/gdaldem.html