[Qgis-user] Rule renders and colour ramps

Ramon Andinach custard at westnet.com.au
Sat Apr 9 17:54:42 PDT 2011

On 09/04/2011, at 20:20 , Martin Dobias wrote:

> Hi Ramon
>
> On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 1:51 AM, Ramon Andinach <custard at westnet.com.au> wrote:
>> On a related thought to the recent questions about rule renders. Mostly I'm using the rules to define colour schemes that I can't work out how to get otherwise.
>>
>> Is there a way to define custom colour ramps?
>> Particularly I'm thinking of colour brewer ramps.
>> If there is, could someone point me in the right direction?
>
> Yes it is possible to define custom color ramps: either in Style
> manager dialog (menu Options -> Style manager) or when selecting a
> color ramp for categorized/graduated renderer, the last item in the
> combo box is "new color ramp". There is a support for gradients,
> random colors and colorbrewer ramps.

Thanks for that.
If I see properly, for colour brewers, I get to choose a colour pattern suite, how many colours are there and that's about it.
Now, what happens if I was looking for something that was approximately like the Spectrum colourbrewer, but with the colours backwards (blues low, reds high) (or even define whole new colour suites).
Is that possible?

> Btw. you are doing a great job with the "how do I do" pages on the wiki!

Thanks Martin, the encouragement is much appreciated.

-ramon.