[Qgis-user] rasterization and raster analysis

Julio Cesar Canales DElgadillo cadj0506 at yahoo.com.mx
Tue Apr 12 07:11:48 PDT 2011

Hello there Qgis people,
I have a couple of questions about the use of GDAL tools. I tried to rasterize
some vector layers using the rasterize tool of GDAL, but it  is not clear for me
what means: "output file for rasterized vectors (raster, must exist)", I have no
a raster for these areas (and this is the reason I wish to create it), may be
I'm not understanding something but I do not what it is, somebody knows about it
or knows where to find a tutorial on this function?
Do you know if there is some way to analize with  Qgis the connectivity between
different classes in a raster (categorical raster), something like fragstats
does? If yes I will be so grateful for any information about it.
Best wishes.
Biól.MCF. Julio César Canales Delgadillo.
Verhaltensbiologie
Barbarastr. 11
Fachbereich 5 Biologie/Chemie
Universität Osnabrück