[Qgis-user] QGIS 1.6 & OS X Frameworks

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Apr 15 07:12:20 PDT 2011

No need to uninstall anything. Just update the frameworks and install the new QGIS and GRASS.

Though it will leave the older versions of the frameworks inside the framework packages, so other old software can still work, but QGIS and GRASS will be completely overwritten anyways.  If you want to be tidy and don't have an old MapServer or PostGIS installed, you can trash the frameworks before updating.

On Apr 15, 2011, at 8:49 AM, David Kindem wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm planning to install QGIS 1.6 (and GRASS as well) on a Mac (Snow Leopard) which currently has the QGIS 1.4 binary version installed.  Should I un-install any of the current libraries before installing William Kyngesbury's dependency frameworks?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Dave
>
> David Kindem
> dkindem at gmail.com

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"This is a question about the past, is it? ... How can I tell that the past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy between my immediate physical sensations and my state of mind?"

- The Ruler of the Universe