[Qgis-user] distance grid

John Callahan john.callahan at udel.edu
Tue Aug 2 10:36:46 PDT 2011

I had thought that but it requires the source and target rasters to be of
the same size.  I converted my coastline to a 10-meter grid.  I created a
1km raster in the area offshore where I need the distance values.  Even when
I modified these to the same pixel resolution, gdal_proximity returned an
error saying they needs to be the same size.

When not specifying a dst raster, the default extent was the same as the
shoreline raster.  I need the dst raster (offshore ocean region) to be a
different extent and resolution than the source raster (shoreline).

-  John

John Callahan, Research Scientist
Delaware Geological Survey
University of Delaware