[Qgis-user] Re: free DEM data in QGis

Michael Spencer michael_spencer at live.co.uk
Wed Aug 3 02:18:50 PDT 2011

Hi Torsten,

Have a look at Faunalia's QGIS intro, whilst it's specific for the UK, it does deal with raster data (which is what the dem is likely to be).
http://www.faunalia.co.uk/qgisgettingstarted

The user manual is also quite comprehensive:
http://qgis.org/en/documentation/manuals.html

Hope this helps,
Michael