[Qgis-user] OpenlayersPlugin support tool

Pirmin Kalberer pi_ml at sourcepole.com
Thu Aug 25 05:54:50 PDT 2011

Hi Kosuke

Am Donnerstag, 25. August 2011, um 11.23:47 schrieb ASAHI Kosuke:

> Could you please give me some advice?
>
> OpenLayers Plugin is very convenient. But when print, it have problem
> like following.
>  http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/OpenLayers-plugin-and-Print-Compose
> r-td5843720.html
>
> I tried to fix it, but too complicatedly...
> so that i made support plugin,
>  http://d.hatena.ne.jp/waigani/files/PrintForOpenLayers.zip?d=download
>
> This plugin do such following,
>  - draw image (screen resolution)
>  - and then put image to printer (enlarge/reduce image to printer
> resolution)
>
> I know it tricky way, I can take only low resolution print.
>
> Do you have any good idea?
> Had better I wait for an author to get over?

Printing of Google Maps, etc. is a difficult story. AFAIK scaling the original
images is not allowed. It would be no problem if we could use the static API,
but this needs a commercial license.
Could you please write a bug report to collect solutions like yours on
http://hub.qgis.org/projects/openlayers/issues ?

Pirmin

--
Pirmin Kalberer
Sourcepole  -  Linux & Open Source Solutions