[Qgis-user] OpenStreetMap import

Mick bareman at tpg.com.au
Mon Aug 29 01:07:43 PDT 2011

I am endeavouring to build a set of layers to cover Devon from an
historic perspective to illuminate my family's residence in the county
from before 1600 through to about 1850 and also my interest in
archaeology.

I have found some useful information in the OpenStreetMap project's
online mapping.

While I have been able to import the OSM data into QGIS the somewhat
anarchic application of tags in the data leaves substantial amounts of
manual editing before I can start extracting the data I am after.

My thought is that if the OSM import utility would create columns for
each tag that appears in the data it would make the task much easier.
Does this facility exist?

mick