[Qgis-user] Can not use an attribute called LENGTH in calculations

magerlin MAP at ramboll.dk
Fri Dec 2 02:22:01 PST 2011

I've got a shapefile with an attribute called Length.

If I try to use this attribute in calculations in the Field Calculator for
instance like:

LENGTH / SOMETHING

I then get the error "Invalid expression syntax. The error message of the
parser is: 'syntax error, unexpected '/', expecting '("

If I rename the attribute to something else the problem disappears.

I fear the field calculator is messing up my attribute LENGTH with its own
$length function to calculate the length?

The shape file is here:

http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n7054195/calc_error.zip
calc_error.zip

-----